As we near the 10th anniversary of MedFriendly.com in October 2010, I wanted to take a moment to update readers with many new features of the site.
1. NEW DESIGN: MedFriendly was given a complete redesign. The homepage is no longer cluttered and contains a new scrolling menu divided into three different sections: Information, Interactive, and Special Areas. The individual entries have been redesigned so the advertisements flow better with the content and use space more efficiently. Long entries will no longer begin with a long list of questions that can be clicked for more details, but instead starts immediately with content that is divided into different sections with labeled colored font. The blog you are reading has also been redesigned to be more reader friendly.
2. TWITTER: MedFriendly now has a Twitter page where you can follow us. To do so, click the Twitter (bird) icon on the homepage or click here.
There is also a MedFriendly Facebook page.
3. BLOG: The MedFriendly Blog will be updated more frequently. Entries will be tied into content of the site and related to current events in the news. Guest blog entries will also return. The blog will also be where new features are announced as the What’s New section was removed. Other ideas for blog entries are welcome.
4. NEW EMAIL: Instead of having multiple email addresses, a new single email address is in place: MedFriendly@gmail.com. Feel free to use that email and your message will be replied to as soon as possible. Emails will be checked daily.
5. MORE DETAILED ENTRIES: Web statistics on MedFriendly show that articles with more detailed content are more popular than brief definitions. While brief definitions will continue to be added, there is a new focus on adding more detailed content entries.
6. REMOVAL OF POP-UP ADS: All pop-up ads have been removed from MedFriendly.